Call Doctor or Seek Care Now
- Eyelid is very red or very swollen
- Vision is blurred
- Eye pain or discomfort is more than mild
- Fever over 104° F (40° C)
- Age less than 12 weeks old with fever. Caution: do NOT give your baby any fever medicine before being seen.
- Your child looks or acts very sick
- You think your child needs to be seen, and the problem is urgent
Call Doctor Within 24 Hours
- Pus in the eye, but none of the symptoms above. Reason: You may need antibiotic eyedrops to treat it.
- Using antibiotic eye drops more than 3 days and pus is still there